Applications and features
- Provides lateral restraint to precast panels.
- Typically fixed to the underside of the slab.
- It can be placed close to the top of the precast panel.
- Good adjustment for cavity variations.
- Lightweight and easy to install.
- A cost-effective way of providing lateral restraint for panels.
|Profile size||Load range [kN]|
Load capacity group
|Design load [kN]|
|Dowel [-]||Depth [mm]||L1 [mm]|
|Load group [T]||D [mm]|
|Ø D1 [mm]|
|Ø D2 [mm]|
|Ø D3 [mm]|
|c [mm]||Rd [mm]|
Gap between holes
|∠ Angle [°]|
Angle in degrees
Hole to edge distance
|Max supported height [mm]||B [mm]|
|Load group [T]||Max lateral load [kN]|
Witches hats can be manufactured in two different variants based on the attachment type used for the installation.
The standard hole version is for applications with a cast-in channel.
Variant B is the slotted version used for post-fix with FAZ anchors, to allow some tolerance if they hit rebar.
|Type||Threaded bar diameter||Attachment type||Length of the threaded bar|
WH-M16-Attachment type-Length of the threaded bar
Witches hat to be used with M16 bar 100mm long, using channel attachment to the concrete structure.
The precast cast-in part (cast-in channel) needs to include captive lock-in plate in order to be compatible with this product. These can be bought separately but it is important to make sure the correct fixing was chosen.
The assembly consists of:
- Witches hat
- Cast-in channel in precast panel (this varies based on panel thickness, please see accessories)
- Captive locking plate
- Threaded bar (DIN976)
- 3x full nut (DIN934)
Based on the variant of attachment:
- Cast-in channel and 2xT-bolts to suit
- 2x Postfix FAZ Anchors
We can advise you based on your requirements and preferences.